I often wonder how other women with young children seem to put together. They seem to have everyone in non-stained clothes, everyone always makes it to the bathroom in time, their houses are not only neat and orderly but are also magazine-worthy in their design and decor, and these mothers never seem tired.
I guess the optimal word here is seem.
We all put our best out there right? I mean, no one wants to admit that they can't keep up with the housework and the laundry. We all like to seem bright-eyed and ready for a full day of whatever....when that's probably not how we're feeling at all.
I can't keep up. I'm not going to try anymore (ha ha). Well, I'm going to try not to try anymore. I generally don't sleep great and I'm tired and my house is messy. My children are so beautiful and wonderful and tiring and that's that.
Note to self: Comparison is the thief of joy.
2 comments:
Your final quote is key :).
I often wonder when i look around at Mass, knowing how The Man and I barely made it out the door on time (and we're just two adults!), and I see all the families with multiple children there, on time, dressed, with snacks and quiet toys/books. I almost laugh out loud at it.
You always have such a good perspective on things Rebecca. I hope my silly whining didn't bother you. :/
Post a Comment