Monday, February 21, 2011

Everyone else is doing it...

…writing a blog that is.


I tend not to do what everyone else is doing. The older I get, the less I follow the crowd, which I think is a good thing. I mean, first off, I’m Catholic, and I don’t have too many real life friends who are. Then there’s the NFP (natural family planning); more on this later (and no, it’s NOT the old “rhythm method”). Then there’s the staying home with my kids instead of working outside the home.  Then there’s the conservative politics. Yup, compared to my circle of real life friends, I’m pretty different. 


So, my reasons for starting this blog are varied. Like many people, I want to share what’s going on with my family with extended family and friends. I want to share the truth of the Catholic faith with others who are searching. I want to talk about what an awesome husband I have. I want to talk about my favorite TV show, LOST. I want to get back to writing — something I haven’t done much of since I left the working world to stay home full-time with my kids. Speaking of kids, I want to share the funny little things they do and say, as well as the moments that aren’t so easy for me to handle.


Pretty much, I just want to talk about life. That’s how I came up with the blog name….well, that and a nickname I have. As a kid my Dad always called me Littlebit. In fact, he still does and I don’t think he’ll ever stop, which is fine with me. :) So, there’s the little bits of life that I am so thankful for, the little bits of life that are challenging, the little bits that make me laugh, the little bits that are filled with God’s peace.


So, bear with me as I learn how to design this thing. I'm sure there'll be changes and mistakes as I'm figuring it out. And, lest you think I missed a huge typo, the name of the blog is spelled that way on purpose. *wink*


As far as following the blogging crowd, I don’t mind being part of that. I hope I can inject something interesting and, dare I say, counter-cultural, into the blogosphere.

8 comments:

S. Uzzilia said...

Hey, Elizabeth! Looking forward to reading more...

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Suzy! :)

Kim said...

Looks great!! :D

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Kim!

JoAnna Wahlund said...

welcome to blogland :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks JoAnna. I hope I can make my blog interesting like yours and all the other CAF ladies'!

Anonymous said...

glad to see you have a blog, too. :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Michelle :)