As I pondered starting this blog, I had all these great ideas of things I could write about.
Then I created the blog and all my ideas flew right out of my head.
So, instead of some highly intellectual, inspiring post, I'll just give you an update on what's been going on with our family for those who know me, and for those who don't, an introduction. :)
Sean has been working at home for a few weeks now and it's going pretty well. Obviously we wish he could've found a teaching job, but things are so bad for so many school districts right now that it's nearly impossible. Thankfully he's such a people person and he really likes being able to help people. He has set hours doing customer service (which goes right through dinner, so that stinks) for an international company so that means the rest of us have to be super quiet. You can imagine how that goes with a 5-year-old, a 2-year-old, and an almost 1-year-old. We're working on getting the room at the bottom of the stairs reorganized so that can be the kids' playroom, since it's the farthest away from where he's working. In the meantime, with us being stuck inside so much because of the cold, we're enjoying lots of movies and I'm doing lots of shhhhhh-ing. Oh, and did I mention that Tommy and Emily have gone on strike against napping? Yeah. Not cool. This has been making for some crankiness later in the day -- especially with Tommy -- so hopefully they'll get back to naps soon (for all of our sakes!).
Lauren is doing great at preschool. Honestly, she could probably be in first grade right now. I'm petrified of sending her to kindergarten in the fall (school buses hardly ever get into accidents though right?) but she can't wait. She loves just being a big sister and always kisses the other two goodbye when it's time for school. She likes to tell me how much she loves me (yesterday it was as many trees as there are on earth).....and she likes to argue with me. I swear she'll be a lawyer one day! My mom reminds me that while this trait manifests as defiance now, it will one day be a good thing -- she knows what she wants and she works for it!
Tommy is cute as can be lately. He knows all his letters and some numbers (believe me, this surprised Sean and me, since we're not actively teaching him them yet). He'll start counting at 3 and skip 10-12 and then keep going -- it's pretty cute. He LOVES Buzz Lightyear and won't go to sleep without his Woody and Buzz blanket. He also knows a lot of the dinosaur names (he and Lauren love Dinosaur Train on PBS). He just recently began actually saying "Lauren" -- the way he used to say it it sounded like "Wanda" so Lauren has had that nickname for a bit! Is it weird that I miss him calling her Wanda?
Emily is 10 1/2 months old now and changing daily. She's pulling herself up on things now and really laughs when Lauren makes silly faces. She loves Life cereal and saltine crackers (despite still having no teeth!), and she's sleeping through the night! Yay! I don't think she'll be breastfeeding much longer...I'm hoping to make it to her first birthday, but she's just not as interested anymore (she's far too nosy as to what big sister and big brother are doing to be able to nurse!). What happened to my little newborn baby? (Wow, I sound like my dad.)
As for me, I'm loving being home with my little ones. It's extremely difficult financially, but somehow we're making it work. While Sean and I agree that me being home with our children is best for our family, it does make things tough for him. Thankfully, God keeps taking care of us; just the other day Sean was asked to create some sets for a local college theater's show. It's more work for him, which is good for us, but it's more work for him. He's such a good husband and father (in so many ways!).
I've been trying to find ways I can help with our finances, and I think I came up with one that might work. This past Christmas I made Rosaries as gifts for my mom and sisters. The one for my mom has all different colored beads symbolizing the birthstones of everyone in our family. The one for E has light blue beads and a miraculous medal centerpiece; the one for K has red and clear beads, symbolizing the rays flowing from Jesus' heart in the Divine Mercy, with a Divine Mercy medal for the centerpiece. I enjoyed making them so much, so I thought maybe I can turn it into a small business. I'll be sharing more on that as I get things going, but in the meantime if you or someone you know is interested in a custom-made Rosary for a gift or for yourself, let me know and we can talk about options. :)
That's it for now I guess. The rest of this afternoon's plans include laundry, dishes, changing diapers, picking up toys, making dinner, shhhhh-ing the kids, changing diapers, reading books, and probably helping Sean bring wood in for the wood stove tonight, and, did I say changing diapers?
Ah, paradise. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment