Friday, June 10, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday - 6/10/11

~1~

Wow, I haven't blogged in forever! (Well, OK, I guess it's been about 3 weeks, but that's a long time.) Life has been pretty busy around here, and so many good things are happening! Such as... a new job opportunity for Sean. A friend is looking to expand his business and needs someone with Sean's talents! This is great because while Sean enjoys what he's doing, there are some things he's not so fond of with his current employer. Also, since he won't be working from home anymore, it means I won't have to tackle the kids* when they get too loud -- we'll be able to sing and play as loudly as we want! It's nice to have someone recognizing him for how smart and talented he is, and we're hopeful that this will be a great investment for our family and our friend!
  

~2~

Lauren finishes preschool next week. <insert my shocked face here> Yes, I know she's 5 (and a half). Yes, I know she's ready for kindergarten (she's been ready for like, two years). Logically I know all this, but this is my first baby; how can she be ready to go off without me all day long? It's so bittersweet. With every day that goes by I'm understanding more and more why my Dad used to always say, "Why can't you just stay little forever?"

~3~

We finally decided on a theme for Lauren and Tommy's new room: Narnia! They absolutely love the movie and it's good because it's not gender specific. We've painted the land and the sky, now we have to finish painting the mountains, the frozen river, some "happy trees" (as Bob Ross would say), and of course we have to paint the wardrobe. The closet doors are sort of centered in the room on one side so it's perfect. This is the project that never ends though....it seems like we've been working on it forever! I'm really hoping to get it finished soon because they need the space and then we can move Emily into her own room (their old room). We're looking forward to having our room be our room again.....there's been a baby in it with us for the past two and a half years!

~4~

I read and post pretty often at Catholic Answers Forums, and there's been a lot of threads on NFP (natural family planning) lately. Maybe there aren't more than usual, but maybe I'm more aware of them now since we practice NFP. I want to write some posts to share about it with those who aren't familiar with it, but I hesitate slightly since some of the people who read my blog are family members and might not want to really read about our experiences in that area.



Hmmm......I guess I'll have to talk with Sean and see how he feels about it.....and maybe just put a big disclaimer at the start of any posts on the subject!

 ~5~

My Mom is coming for a visit this weekend! I'm so excited! Unfortunately my Dad can't come but for good reason, so I understand. I'm very blessed to have a great relationship with each of my parents. I know this isn't the case for many people, and I don't take it for granted.


~6~

Part of the reason for Mom's visit is to watch the kids all day long tomorrow because Sean and I are fortunate to be part of the wedding of two of our friends. We're really excited about celebrating the two of them starting their married life. Also, since our anniversary is next week, it'll be sort of like a date for us since we already have a babysitter!

~7~

My rosary making business website is done! Well, it needs one more final check and then it'll be ready for unveiling. Check back Monday for the "grand opening!" I'll be having a giveaway and a sale, so if you need a graduation gift it'll be perfect timing! 

Enjoy your weekend, and check out more quick takes with Jen at Conversion Diary. :) 



*No tackling is actually involved. Sippy cups, granola bars and pacifiers are the usual tools employed. ;)




No comments: