It was 25 degrees when we got up this morning. It is too early for this kind of cold!
With the cold comes my complaining. I know, I'm working on it. But since I haven't conquered this bad habit yet, let me tell you about one of the worst parts of winter for me: the dry skin. Now sure, everyone gets dry skin sometimes, but I swear, I should buy lotion by the gallon. I get really, really, really, really dry skin on my hands, and it gets so bad that my knuckles actually start to bleed. With the onset of this lovely cold weather, guess what started to happen today? Yes, one day of this super dry very cold weather and they're bleeding already. :( Sometimes prescription strength lotion helps, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone have any great advice?
Perhaps watching Lauren's nearly hour-long soccer game without gloves was a bad idea.
It was a good day though: did laundry, got the van cleaned out AND vacuumed, enjoyed seeing the sun despite the December-like temperatures, and now I'm going to make homemade macaroni and cheese to go with leftovers for dinner.
When it's a nice, sunny, not-frigid fall day (we get like, three of these each fall and had one the other day) this is what you get:
![]() |
| I love them so. |
--- 6 ---
Shameless self-promotion: I'll be at the Yeah Baby Expo at the NYS Fairgrounds tomorrow at the CNY Doula Connection table. I've never been to the event but from what I've heard, there's lots of great baby and family information and freebies and such. I'm hoping to meet some people who are looking for a doula! If you can't make it to the event but would like to contact me with questions about the benefits of having the support of a doula, please do: (315) 761-3643, BlessedBirthDoula.ELP@gmail.com, or Facebook.com/BlessedBirthDoula. If you or anyone you know is considering having the support of a doula for their pregnancy, labor and birth, or postpartum time, please share my information with them. I offer a complimentary first appointment.
--- 7 ---
Time to get to that mac and cheese and curl up by the wood stove with my family.
For more quick takes, visit Jen. Have a great weekend everyone! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment