I finally have a name for my doula business! Blessed Birth is ready for clients! My website should be up and running very soon, but for now Blessed Birth can be found at facebook.com/BlessedBirthDoula. I can be contacted via email at BlessedBirthDoula.ELP@gmail.com and at (315) 761-3643. If you or anyone you know is considering having the support of a doula for their pregnancy, labor and birth, or postpartum time, please share my information with them. I offer a complimentary first appointment.
It's amazing to me how the season changes almost immediately after Labor Day. We've had a few days of "summer" like weather, but for the most part fall is definitely here. Dressing Lauren for school is always crazy during fall and spring, since the mornings can mean 45 degree weather and the afternoons 70 degrees. Ah, the joys of living in Central New York....where it is very possible to use your heat and your air conditioning in the same day.
I really need to go through all the kids' clothes and sort out what doesn't fit and out-of-season stuff. I know it'll make me feel better to get that done but sometimes we still need shorts so I really can't just change everything out. Once I do get everything organized I'll feel so much better! The clutter is really getting to me lately.
I think we're almost ready to move Emily out of her crib and into a bed. (Yes, I'm crying a little bit.) She and Thomas are going to share the Narnia room and Lauren will have her own room. I'm excited and sad at the same time. This will be the first time in nearly six years that we won't have any use for a crib.
Because I'm a terrible blogger, I never posted these from the last day of kindergarten:
--- 6 ---
Lauren is loving first grade! This year the bus wasn't early on the first day (like last year) so we got some good pictures last week:
| My beautiful girl! She had a rash on half her body (including her face) thanks to contact with burdock leaves, and she was so itchy! Thankfully it's gone now. |
| Off to first grade! |
--- 7 ---
Good-bye summer....
![]() |
For more quick takes, visit Jen. Have a great weekend everyone! :)



3 comments:
oh, dear. I'm scared to move Julia out of her crib .... if you post any helpful tips .... I'd be forever grateful.
Seriously? I want to play in that water bouncy fun thing!!!
Have a great weekend :)
Sorry for the very tardy response!
Rebecca, I often watch them and wish I could bounce on it too! I am definitely too big!
Grace Marie, I saw a thing on Pinterest that said use one of those pool noodle things and put it under the fitted sheet and it can help prevent little ones from falling out of bed. I guess it would, but I won't do it because I know my kids will just take them out and use them as light sabers. :) You can get those side rails but we never did and our kids did fine. The biggest obstacle for us during that transition from crib to bed is getting them to stay in the bed at bedtime! We let them keep books and some stuffed animals in bed and this helps.
Post a Comment