Why is it I always have great ideas for posts to write and then it comes to Friday and I can't think of seven little things to share?
This whole Chick-Fil-A "controversy" is just ridiculous. It's also scary, in that simply expressing your personal beliefs is becoming dangerous. Since when does saying you're for marriage mean you hate gay people? (Answer: IT DOESN'T.)
Then there's Boston's mayor who said he would do anything to prevent Chick-Fil-A from opening a restaurant in his city. According to the Boston Globe, he has since clarified his statement, saying that he only meant he would use as much political and social power as he could to block them, not refuse permits and such. Said the mayor:
"Yes, people have criticized me; I understand that,” Menino said. “But I have feelings . . . I have my First Amendment rights also. I’m expressing them.”
Oh, you're expressing your beliefs on an issue are you? Kind of like the owner of Chick-Fil-A expressed his beliefs?
If we had Chick-Fil-A near us I would go eat there right now.
If you care about freedom of speech, please read this by "The Anchoress" and this by JoAnna.
We're nearing the end of NFP Awareness Week. I didn't even realize there was such a thing until a few days into the week, but I'm glad there is. If you're new to Natural Family Planning and want to learn more, go here for lots of great resource links. Also make sure to check out iusenfp.com and 1flesh.org for more great information.
If you're looking for a doula and would like to interview me, please contact me. :)
Some of the things I find on Pinterest really crack me up. If I were good enough at knitting I would totally make these for my kids:
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
I got a whole tub of games for $12 at an auction last weekend! Checkers, two chess sets, Chinese Checkers, tons of marbles, Yahtzee, Battleship, and two Star Wars games: Star Wars Monopoly and another Star Wars game that's interactive with a VHS tape. Now if only our VCR still worked! Hoping we get some good family time and can play some games this weekend.
Well look at that, I found seven things! OK, six things, whatever. For more quick takes, visit Jen. Have a great weekend everyone! :)




1 comment:
That liberal/conservative cartoon is spot on.
I wish I had a Chick-Fil-A near me too.
Post a Comment